Media Sales Consultant
The Gayly is looking for a motivated, enthusiastic Media Sales Consultant. The Gayly is a regional LGBT+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, +) news source.
As a Media Sales Consultant, you will collaborate with business owners to create advertising packages to best fit their advertising needs. You will be expected to utilize The Gayly’s platforms to build packages for new clients. As a Media Sales Consultant, you will be responsible for selling advertising and digital marketing to businesses in a five-state region (Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas and parts of Texas). The job is based in Oklahoma City.
This is a great part-time opportunity for someone interested in a fun, fast-paced and challenging sales environment. This could be a full-time opportunity for the right person with all the qualifying attributes. We will provide you the opportunity to make contributions immediately while developing the skills and knowledge to be successful.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Aggressively prospect, develop, and close leads using a variety of sources.
- Work directly with businesses to discuss and understand their needs and then develop customized solutions to drive leads to their business.
- Ability to utilize technology to engage clients.
- Must be flexible to wear multiple hats within the company if needed.
A successful candidate will possess:
- At least 5 years of B2B sales experience, media sales or prior digital sales/newspaper advertising experience preferred.
- OR a Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university.
- A positive attitude, ambitious, and a passion for helping customers grow their business.
- Experience in using a smart phone, Dropbox, Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- The ability, comfort and confidence to present and sell digital solutions.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with daily deadlines where multi-tasking is critical.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be self-motivated, driven and excel at networking and relationship building.
- The ability to follow established processes.
- Relaxed environment.
- Technology provided (including computer and mobile phone).
- Base pay plus commission.
- Sales incentives.
- Opportunities to take on more responsible and advance within the company.
TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS, SEND RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded originally as The Gayly Oklahoman in 1983, now operating as The Gayly, this regional newspaper is the premier and most trusted source of news for LGBT+ and straight allies in the south-central United States. The Gayly covers LGBT+ community topics and events as well as news throughout the state of Oklahoma and surrounding region.