Scotty’s Grilled Shrimp Street Tacos
by Scotty Irani
Happy Independence Day! What better way to declare your independence from grilled burgers and hot-dogs on July Fourth than grilling shrimp? Not only grilling shrimp, but making Mexican styled grilled shrimp “street tacos.” There is so much flavor in America.
1 to 1 1/2 pounds shrimp, tail on, cleaned and de-veined
In The Kitchen With Scotty “BARBACOA” Meat Rub and Seasoning
2 cups shredded Cole Slaw mix
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons Cilantro, roughly chopped
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon agave nectar
1 large lime, juiced
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh homemade pico de gallo
To make Grilled Shrimp Tacos:
1. Place shrimp in a bowl and toss with Barbacoa seasoning
2. Let marinate for at least 1 hour (longer is even better!).
3. Once marinated, heat up your grill to high heat.
4. Place a piece of aluminum foil down on the grill and spray that with olive oil.
5. Add shrimp and cook for two minutes on each side.
6. In a mixing bowl add the shredded cole slaw mix, sliced onion, and cilantro
7. In a small bowl mix the lime juice, agave nectar, olive oil, and salt and pepper, Pour over the coleslaw and mix everything together.
8. Remove the tails from the shrimp, and heat your tortillas via the microwave or wrapped in foil and place on the grill.
9. For tacos layer two tortillas (more stable), add a small spoonful of guacamole, a little pico, smidgen of coleslaw, top with the grilled shrimp, and add crumbled queso fresco.
The Gayly - 3:04 a.m. CDT