Miss Gay America’s 10 Tricks for a prizewinning Halloween costume
By Andora Te’tee
Special to The Gayly
In anticipation of Halloween costume contests everywhere, here are 10 tricks for a prizewinning look from the queen of costumes herself, Miss Gay America 2019, Andora Te’tee.
1. Pick a simple concept and then be the best at it. Example: the devil. Be the best devil! You don't want people wondering who you are supposed to be.
2. Make sure you don't have anything blocking your mouth. That way nothing gets between you and your cocktail!
3. If you can't glue it, don't do it! Glue is the fastest way to make costumes. Yes, that's right girl. You don't need a sewing machine to look good in Halloween drag!
4. If you make your shoulders bigger, your waist will look smaller. Say yaass to shoulder pads and shoulder decorations.
5. Add lights. Tuck battery packs away into wigs, hats or pockets. This extra element will make you the center of attention at the party.
6. Show off your best asset. Pick one: legs, ass, waist, chest. Being sexy or shocking is absolutely okay. It's Halloween!
7. Do contour. Do you know you can contour chest, six-packs, cheekbones?
8. Yes Girl: Your shoes must match your costume! This can easily be done with glue, fabric pieces or spray paint.
9. Your costume must sparkle! Everybody's eyes are drawn to sparkle. So, bring down the glitter and rhinestones.
10. Go big or go home. Halloween only happens once a year!
Copyright The Gayly. 10/26/2018 @ 11:17 a.m. CST.